Monday 29 October 2012

Fake it until you make it!

Putting the sparkle back in your eyes.  

 

I'm not a fan of blagging it, or fake it until you make it.  But confidence inspires confidence, well that is what I was told after a recent interview.

Confidence that little voice, knowledge of who you are and what you can do.  That thing for some random reason some of us mums lose it- lost it- can't find it.  It's seems with  every child you pushed out, some how a piece of your confidence to be a working professional went with it.

A couple of years ago I interviewed a lady for a corporate video and she hit the nail on the head.  In her very northern accent she said. “After I had my third baby, I knew I wanted to do something but I didn’t know what, I had lost confidence in me, confidence in being a business women, I don’t know why, I just had."
Dusting off the showreel

I didn't know why, I just had. It’s a mummy thing I think, not all mums lose it but those of us that did or do, need to get it back so we can sell ourselves, be ourselves and, well, just be nicer to be around.

So how do we get this lost confidence back?  

Get out your old CVs, showreels, artwork, references, photos or whatever you did or had for work and simply remind yourself... you did that, wrote it, shot it, researched it, typed it, dreamed it and one day you will do it all again.


And if you don't have confidence, "fake it" until you do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment